Monday, December 6, 2010

Needy people piss me off.


No, I'm not getting you another plate, you have seven.

Look, I get it. I'm your server, I'm supposed to get stuff for you. Understood. But running me ragged with your demands is not making me a happy person. Why can't you all collaborate on what you need so I'm not stuck running back and forth constantly?

I had a party of 5 that wasn't in my section, but I picked it up because I wasn't busy and my manager asked me to. Big mistake. They'd been waiting there for several minutes for service, so when I went to grab their drink orders, they were ready to place their food orders as well. This is obnoxious, because now I have to put your orders in, get your drinks, grab your bread, and make your various soups and salads. All as quickly as possible while you glare daggers at me. Hey, it's not my fault that you waited for a few minutes. You're regulars here, and you can see that we're a bit busy.

As if that's not bad enough, this table was full of the neediest people ever. "Can I have this, and this?" and then as soon as I come back with their items, "Oh wait, I forgot, can you bring this too?" And so on and so forth until their meals come out. They had to change two of their orders, because we were out of lobster that night and my manager took their orders so I have very little idea what special things they wanted with their meals.

Meanwhile, my other tables are being pretty cool, which makes me happy, and I check up on them as often as possible, but I know I'm not doing as good as I usually do. Even so, the tips are utter crap, and frankly, I serve my tables with a lot of focus on the people, more than most servers, so me not doing my best is about the equivalent of a lot of other servers.

Then my party of 5 camps for an extra hour, but of course I have to continue to get refills, awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment